Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Day

This morning as I was checking out my emails and seeing what had been going on in the world of the internet since we had been gone to the Real Evangelism conference this week I went on LPM blog and was reading what Beth had posted about some of her fond memories of her's. She requested that we post our memorable Valentine day.

I could not help but think back to about 25 years ago. My husband at the time (which is now my exhusband) was working that night and we were not able to do anything for Valentines. We did have a lot of money back then just a small 4 room house and a new born baby boy that was 4 1/2 months old, Nathan. I was at home with my baby boy waiting for his dad to get home not really expecting anything and here he come home. He had stopped at Walmart before he came home to get a card and candy. By the time he had gotten there they had sold how so he got what he could. He came in the door and gave me a card and a big chocolate Easter egg because by the time he got off from work Walmart had already started stocking their shelves for Easter. The reason I will always remember this Valentine is because it was truly the thought that counted. We had several more good Valentines with roses and all that stuff until we divorce. But that Valentine will always be the one I remember the most.

So what are some of your memories. Funny, cute, simple whatever you think of first.

Love to you all and a Happy Valentine Day.

No comments: